Health & Safety Induction
Undergraduate Students - Health & Safety should be covered in the first class or lecture.
400 Level Students - Health & Safety is covered in the 400 Level Induction day.
Masters and PhD's - Because you all start at different times, and spend a lot of time working in the School, you are required to complete the same induction as staff & visitors (see below).
Staff & Visitors -All staff and visitors (medium to long term) are required to complete the College of Science Health & Safety induction via a brief online quiz in LEARN (UC's Learning Management System), which should be familiar to most, so it shouldn't take too long. Most of the questions test basic knowledge, so if it takes more than 10 minutes, or you get a low score (<50%), then we've identified a problem. See the Safety Officer.
Take the Induction Quiz
- Go to http://learn.canterbury.ac.nz/course/view.php?id=1128
- Login to LEARN with your UC username and password
- Enrol in the course with the following key: BIOL (upper case is important).
- Link to 'Induction Quiz - Biology (Biology)'
Note: If you can't complete the quiz then you can save and return.
Guidelines and Forms
- Event Form (Word)
- SBS Staff First Aiders, 2017
- UC Emergency Management website - get campus wide emergency information, emergency procedure flipcharts and contact information.
- Walk-in Freezer Safety Protocol pdf 91kb
- Individual Annual Hazard Assessment (Word 19KB)
- Guidelines on filing hazard ID form (Word 57KB)
- Health and Safety Guidelines for Undergraduate students
- Minor Spills (PDF 20KB)
- Chemical Spill Kits (PDF 76KB)
- Hand Policy (PDF 20KB)
- UC Emergency Evacuation Assembly Areas