Associate Professor David Leung
Lecturer in Biotechnology
Ph.D. in Plant Physiology and Biochemistry;
University of Calgary, Canada
Phone: International +64 +3 Local 364 2650
Fax: +64 3 364 2590
Postal address: School of Biological Sciences, University of Canterbury, Private Bag 4800, Christchurch, New Zealand
Research and Publications
David's UC Research Profile
Tissue Culture of ornamental, medicinal & woody plants. Molecular biology and genetic engineering of plants. Applied plant physiology and plant biotechnology. Seed physiology and biochemistry.
- Tissue culture of ornamental, medicinal and endangered NZ native plants.
- 'Pathogenesis-related' proteins of plants: Regulation of gene expression and practical applications.
- Proteomic studies on adventitious root formation.
- Phytoremediation potential of herbs and NZ plants.
- Seed physiology and biochemistry
- Hydrolytic enzymes from plants and microbes.